SharePoint 2007 Implementation and Administration
This two-day instructor-led course provides participants with the knowledge and skills required to implement Microsoft Office SharePoint Server (MOSS) 2007 successfully in their organization.
The audience for this course is Business Application Administrators (BAAs), Web Administrators and Server Administrators who are engaged in the planning, design, and selection of line-of-business (LOB) applications (including Office SharePoint Server) in conjunction with internal business customers. Their primary responsibility is the deployment, customization, management, and support of LOB applications. They routinely monitor application status and troubleshoot application problems.
After completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Describe MOSS 2007.
- Deploy MOSS 2007.
- Administer MOSS 2007.
- Implement a portal solution with MOSS 2007.
- Implement a content management solution with MOSS 2007.
- Implement a business intelligence solution with MOSS 2007.
- Implement a search and indexing solution with MOSS 2007.
- Maintain and optimize MOSS 2007.
The student kit includes a comprehensive workbook.
Before attending this course, students must have:
- Experience in implementing, managing, and supporting a WSS 3.0 environment.
- Basic knowledge of WSS 3.0.
- At least 2 years of experience implementing, managing, and supporting Microsoft Windows Server 2003.
- At least 2 years of experience implementing, managing, and supporting Internet Information Services (IIS).
- Working knowledge of networking. For example TCP/IP and Domain Name System (DNS).
- Module 1 Overview: participants will get a brief overview of MOSS 2007.
- Module 2 Deploying MOSS: Participants will get high-level information about deployment environments and its prerequisites, and then focuses on the tasks and activities involved in installing and configuring MOSS 2007.
- Module3 Administering MOSS: Participants will get details and guidance about general administrative tasks for MOSS 2007.
- Module 4 Implementing Portal Solutions: Participants will learn the portal-oriented features provided by MOSS including portal sites, collaborative features, and user profiles and audiences.
- Module 5 Implementing Content Management Solutions: Participants will learn the content management-oriented concepts of MOSS 2007 including content management requirements, features and processes.
- Module 6 Implementing Business Intelligence Solutions: Participants will learn the business data-oriented concepts of MOSS 2007, including the Business Data Catalog, Excel Services, Key Performance Indicators, Business Intelligence Dashboards and Reports.
- Module 7 Implementing Search and Indexing: Participants will learn the concepts, requirements, and processes for implementing search and indexing.
- Module 8: Maintaining and Optimizing: Participants will learn the day-to-day maintenance, monitoring and optimization concepts, processes and requirements.
Course Delivery Method
The course is delivered through meetings online. To attend the course meetings you will need a computer connected to the internet equipped with:
- Windows® 2000, XP, 2003 Server or Vista
- Cable modem, DSL, or better Internet connection
- Minimum of Pentium® class 1GHz CPU with 512 MB of RAM (recommended) (2 GB of RAM for Windows® Vista).
- To connect to audio using VoIP will need a fast Internet connection, a microphone and speakers (a USB headset is recommended).
Hardware Software Requirements
To fully participate in the course you will need to have access to:
- Windows 2003 development environment a virtual PC or a Machine
- .Net 3.0 or higher.
- MS Office 2007.
- SharePoint 2007 Designer.
- SharePoint 2007 installation software.
- MS SQL 2005 Express (Entrperise for BI samples).
Inquires and Booking
- This course is available through online meetings on Mar 4 and 5 09 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM (ET)
- In view of the hands-on nature of the course the number of participants per class is limited to eight.
- For course contents, further information, and booking please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org