Practical Windows Communication Foundation
This intensive one-day instructor-led course provides participants with the knowledge and skills to efficiently and effectively design and develop distributed and Service oriented solutions.
This course is intended for solution architects and developers who are responsible for developing distributed and service oriented Window Communications Foundation based solutions.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
Describe the Service Oriented Architecture and Service Orientation principles.
- Describe the architecture of WCF and its components.
- Design Robust WCF based solutions.
- Develop Secure, Reliable, and maintainable WCF based applications .
- Debug and Monitor WCF applications and programs.
- Deploy WCF based applications.
- Plan and design the infrastructure needed to implement a WCF based solution.
Before attending this course, participants must have:
- 1-2 years experience developing distributed applications.
- Background in Microsoft .NET Framework concepts and technology.
- Hands-on experience with Microsoft Visual Studio 2008.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server.
- Working knowledge of XML.
- No prior Windows Communications Foundations experience is necessary.
The participant kit includes a comprehensive workbook.
The primary goal of this course is to train participants to be successful developers for Microsoft Windows Communications Foundations (WCF). Therefore, to keep it straightforward and practical, the course uses many walkthroughs to get participants started. Descriptions of the modules follow:
- Module 1 Overview: participants will get a brief overview of WCF and Service Orientation Concepts.
- Module 2 WCF Architecture: Participants will get an understanding of WCF components.
- Module 3 WCF Programming: Participants will cover service hosting, securing, and extending WCF.
- Module 4 WCF Debugging: participants will cover Maintaining, Monitoring, and Debugging WCF Applications.
Course Delivery Method
The course is delivered through meetings online. To attend the course meetings you will need a computer connected to the internet equipped with:
- Windows® 2000, XP, 2003 Server or Vista
- Cable modem, DSL, or better Internet connection
- Minimum of Pentium® class 1GHz CPU with 512 MB of RAM (recommended) (2 GB of RAM for Windows® Vista).
- To connect to audio using VoIP will need a fast Internet connection, a microphone and speakers (a USB headset is recommended).
Hardware Software Requirements
To fully participate in the course you will need to have access to:
- Visual Studio 2008 development environment a virtual PC or a Machine.
- Windows 2008 or 2003 server.
- Visual Studio 2008.
- .Net 3.5.
- MS Excel or 2007.
- MS SQL Server 2005 or 2008.
Inquires and Booking
- This course is available through online meetings on Sat Jun 20 09 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM (ET).
- In view of the hands-on nature of the course the number of participants per class is limited to eight. For course contents, further information, and booking please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org